Welcome to St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church
Located in downtown Milledgeville, St. Stephen’s is a warm, welcoming community, together seeking deeper faith and friendship in Christ.
A First Time Visitor’s Guide to the 10:30 Sunday Service
What do I need to know:
- Our primary service on Sunday is 10:30 a.m.
- Parking is conveniently available across S. Wayne Street in front of the church.
- Nursery—Babies and small children may be left with trained staff and volunteers in the Nursery, which is located in the building behind the church, Warden’s Hall.
- Following Sunday School, children attend church with their parents or they follow those who will leave the church to attend Children’s Chapel.
- Restrooms are located in the vestibule of the Parish Hall and in Warden’s Hall, the building located behind the church.
- On your way into the church, you will be greeted by an usher who will welcome you and give you a copy of the service sheet. Inside you will find information relating to the order of service for the day and announcements. Hymn numbers are also on hymn board at the front of the church. Once seated in a pew, you will find a copy of the Book of Common Prayer and a hymn book in a rack in front of you.
- Quiet time is observed before the service to focus your thoughts and calm your soul in preparation for worship. You may wish to look over the order of service so you can follow along more easily. At 10:30, the organist will start playing the processional hymn and the congregation stands to sing.
- Visitors who are baptized are welcome to receive the sacrament of Holy Communion. Others are welcome to receive a blessing instead. Worshippers who wish to receive the sacrament will be ushered to the altar. Please kneel with head upright (unless prevented by disability), and cross right hand over left to receive the wafer; and when the cup is offered, feel free to assist the minister with your hand in guiding the cup to your mouth. To receive a blessing cross your arms over your breast.
- After the service, the clergy would love to meet you at the door; and you are invited for coffee in the Parish Hall.
Map and Parking
220 South Wayne Street, Milledgeville, GA. 31061